Capital City is pleased to offer two different streams for U16 and U18 athletes – Provincial and National Stream. Two streams exist as not all athletes in this age range have the desire and ability to train more than 2-3 times per week and have the performance level to compete at a national level.
The Provincial Stream supports those athletes who are new to the sport, are involved in multiple sports and still pursuing other sporting options or have not achieved the performance level to compete at the National Championships.
The National Stream supports those athletes who wish to train with higher frequency and who would in turn like to receive financial support to compete at the National Championships.
Ultimately, athletes in the Provincial stream will receive the same level of support from the club and coaches as those in the National Stream, however, athletes may not train at every session and no financial support for the National Championships.
- Clayton Hayes (Edmonton sprints/jumps/hurdles group)
- Rob Fisher (Sherwood Park group)
- Raeleen Hunter (Long sprints/distance group)
Age: Athletes aged 14-17
- Sept/Oct (base training season) – Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- November – April (indoor season) – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (indoor season)
- May – August (outdoor season) – To be determined
- Sept/Oct (Base training season) – Foote Field, Cloverdale Hill and Royal Glenora Stairs
- November – April (Indoor season) – U of A Butterdome and Foote Field Dome
- May – August (Outdoor season) – Foote Field (Edmonton group) and Strathcona Athletic Park (Sherwood Park group)
Please contact us for specific training times.