Capital City has various payment plans available to suit everyone’s needs. For more information on registration, membership fees and payment options, please contact our club administrator, Paul Shelby at 780-993-8806 or by emailing him using the contact page.
Please be advised that our membership runs from September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024.
Associate Fee – for athletes who do not train directly with one of our groups, however, still compete under Capital City. Associate members require approval from the club prior to registration. Please contact us prior to registering if you fall under this category.
All members are required to volunteer two days at our annual Sherwood Park Track Classic in July 2024 as well as two shifts at our casino (TBD). The deposit cheque is required in the event you are unable to fulfill your volunteer duties. Cheques will be destroyed upon completion of your volunteer requirements.
What do the club fees pay for?
Club fees are used to pay for athlete expenses and may include the following:
- U of A facility / Kinsmen Facility/Foote Field Dome fees ($300-$600 per athlete, may include high performance training facility at the university’s discretion)
- Outdoor facility fees ($50-$150 per athlete)
- Training Center Access, Private Gyms, City of Edmonton or University of Alberta ($300 to $600 per athlete, non High Performance)
- Coach’s Honorariums
- Competition Uniform and T-shirt
- Travel & Accommodation costs for athletes, coaches, and chaperones (U16 and older)
- Entry fees to competitions
- Administrative costs
Expenses covered are also dependent on the type of membership chosen.
What is not covered by club fees?
- Athletics Alberta Membership fees (this is a mandatory fee to be registered and renewed with Athletics Alberta at the time of club registration)
- Click here to look up your Athletics Alberta membership number
- Team Alberta fees
- National Team fees
What does Capital City cover for meets?
- Click here for more information on how the club tiers competitions and what is covered by the club as part of membership fees