The Capital City board is currently reviewing the membership fees for the upcoming year as details for indoor facility access have yet to be confirmed and may impact our fee structure. The below fees are from 2019/2020 and may change for the upcoming year. Members can expect fees to be the same as last year or slightly higher to reflect facility rental fees. For more information, please contact us directly.
Please be advised that our membership runs from October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021.
Membership Fees (2019-2020)
|Group||Age (As of Dec 31, 2020)||Club Fees|
|U12 and U14||10-13 years||$700|
|U16 (Provincial Stream)||14-15 years||$900|
|U18 (Provincial Stream)||16-17 years||$900|
|U16 (National Stream)||14-15 years||$1200|
|U18 (National Stream)||16-17 years||$1200|
|High Performance (Coach Initiated)||18+ years||$1500|
|University Athlete Rebate – Joins before December 1st||N/A||$900|
New Member Summer Discount
Members who join after April 1st, 2021 will receive a $300 discount off the annual fees.
Provincial vs National Streams:
Please see the programs page or contact us for more information.
What do the club fees pay for?
Club fees are used to pay for athlete expenses and may include the following:
- U of A facility / Kinsmen Facility/Foote Field Dome Fees ($300-$600 per athlete, may include high performance training facility at the university’s discretion)
- Outdoor facility fees ($50-$150 per athlete)
- Training Center Access, Private Gyms, City of Edmonton or University of Alberta ($300 to $600 per athlete, non High Performance)
- Coach’s Honorariums
- Competition Uniform and T-shirt
- Travel & Accommodation costs for athletes, coaches, and chaperons (U16 and older)
- Entry fees to competitions
- Administrative Costs
What is not covered by the club fees?
- Athletics Alberta Membership fees (this is a mandatory fee to be registered and renewed with Athletics Alberta at the time of club registration)
- Click here to look up your Athletics Alberta membership number
- Team Alberta fees
- National Team fees
Membership Fee Payment: $500 cheque at the time of registration and the remaining balance to be paid once the 2020-2021 annual fees have been set by the board.
Capital City has various payment plans available to suit everyone’s needs. For more information on registration, membership fees and payment options, please contact our club administrator, Paul Shelby firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780-993-8806 (or by emailing him using the contact page).